For those of you who don’t just dress like a hipster but actually enjoy working outdoors and are willing to spend a day serving the Lord at Riverside cutting and stacking firewood so camp can stay warm and cozy this winter, please join us Saturday, October 21nd for a Mantastic Man Day ~ Lumberjack Day 2017!
Lumberjack Day begins at 8am and runs until 4pm, lunch is provided at noon.
Friday or Saturday night lodging is also available upon request.
Don't forget your workgloves and your axes/chain saws. If you have additional equipment that you could bring with you, please contact the camp office at 715.824.3198.
To prepare for the day:
- Dress in your best plaid flannel, boots, and suspenders.
- Bring as many axes as you can carry.
- Grow a manly beard or glue one on.
- Practice saying as many eh’s as possible.
- Knock things over all day yelling TIIIIIIIMBER.
- Come up with as many bad wood puns as possible.
- Learn some real Lumberjack jargon (oh yes, it exists!)
- Read about the history of lumberjacks.
- Join the U.S. Log Rolling Association.
- Build a tree house.
- Live the rest of your existence in that tree house.
- Only come out for Lumberjack Day 2017 at Riverside!
To register yourself or your group, click here.